Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jill Davis LeBlanc's Hollow Round of Skull

While the internet might sometimes seem like the digital equivalent of the Somme, circa 1916, with a wide variety of tits thrown in for good measure, some good and decent things can come of it. One good thing in particular has been the opportunity to develop friendships with great and supportive people. Two of the friends I've met online are Christian LeBlance and Jill Davis LeBlanc.

I met Christian through Mike Allred's (creator of the comic Madman) old message board, and after some time I met Jill through Christian. The LeBlancs have been exceptionally kind and supportive over the years, especially in regard to my feeble attempts to self-publish my comic work. Heck, I'll admit that if it wasn't for them (and, to be fair, a couple of other people) I would have completely given up a long time ago.

The reason I'm making this post about my internet friends the LeBlancs is to tell everyone about Jill's upcoming publication, a zine titled Hollow Round of Skull. The soon-to-be-released issue will be another in a series of zines containing a collection of short fiction, poetry, and illustrations from Jill and her artist and writer connections. I don't know Jill's plans for distribution, if any, but I thought I would put the word out that she's been doing amazing things and that she deserves all the support you, dear readers, can give her. You can find out more about Hollow Round of Skull and Jill's work on the zine here: https://www.facebook.com/HollowRoundOfSkull

Also, Jill was kind enough to publish some of my short fiction and artwork in previous issues of the zine. I've included the newest submission I've made to her awesome publication. Enjoy.


3 comments: