Saturday, December 7, 2013

Return to the Drawing Table

I spent most of the last year working at a dream. My wife and I agreed that I would spend that time developing myself as a writer. I wrote, I drew, and I spent a great deal (actually most) of that time wallowing in self-doubt. As many of you know I did manage to produce a comic strip or two for a brief period. Unfortunately, that was pretty much all I had to show for the year and then it quickly ended.

As of the creation of this blog and the last Saves the Day and Tenebrous Tales strips I found myself desperately trying to dig back into the workforce. The last year, because of my self-doubt and stunted production, resulted in nothing more than strained finances and a serious need for more income. That need overshadowed everything I was doing early this Fall, and it eventually led to my seeking out and committing to a job, forsaking my comic commitments. Then the transition back into the 9-5, along with my apparent failure of a year all but killed my desire to continue creating anything. So, that's why this site has been almost completely inactive since it was first created.

Now, here I am at this moment on December 7 committing to a renewed confidence and, most importantly, hope. Going forward I will be working on my comics, producing new material as often as I can. I ask that you please hang in there and understand that I'm trying to get back on my creative feet. I thank you for bearing with me, and I hope that you'll enjoy what's coming up.

I plan to return to posting something new every Wednesday, but I'll be completely honest, there will probably be delays. I know that such an idea doesn't instill a great deal of confidence, but please know that I am back and am working hard to make this comic project work. I enjoy creating material to share with you reader folk. I enjoy reading your comments and questions. I enjoy the various aspects of the relationship between creator and consumer. It's a joy to know that the things I've done and am trying to do are making some sort of impression somewhere. For giving me confirmation of that and for the kindness some of you have shown me and my efforts, I have to say thank you so very much.

Well, I better get to it then. Look for something here this Wednesday, December 11. I hope that you will enjoy it. Take care until then.

2 comments: